Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Love in the Ownership Society -- Part 3

I thought I was invited

This from Kevin: "Michelle and I have decided to change the date and location of our wedding. We greatly appreciate the well wishes from the community, and plan to have a private ceremony for our families in the near future. We apologize for any inconveniences we may have caused,"


No problem, Michelle. I don't take it personally.

I realize that you and  K.J.had to cut back on wedding invites after some rude bloggers began shouting, "conflict of interest" and the press picked up the story. Now you even have to change the date (I'm busy that day anyway) and the place of the wedding. 
The Sept. 4 wedding had been scheduled for Sacramento's St. John's Lutheran Church, followed by an "evening of dining and dancing" at the home of Sacramento developer Angelo Tsakopoulos. The plans raised eyebrows as a possible conflict of interest for Johnson because the well-connected Tsakopoulos has frequent business dealings with the city. Could that be the reason for the sudden shift? Johnson did not mention Tsakopoulos, saying only in an e-mail to invited guests that the former plans were "not what we had intended." (Reliable Source)

So thanks to you and Angelo for thinking of me and to let you know that I respect your "hope is to have a special and personal event that is respectful of the sanctity of marriage." And please, keep the wedding gift (the broom) as a small token of appreciation for all that you are doing to the D.C. schools and teachers.

Best wishes,
Mike Klonsky

P.S. Hope you don't mind, but I'm saving the invitation as a souvenir anyway. I've got one of the early ones. You know, the ones with T-S-A-K-O-P-O-U-L-O-S spelled wrong. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.