Wednesday, December 28, 2011

What the 1%ers have to say for themselves

Quotes from New York Magazine piece, by Noreen Malone, I Stand Guilty of Being a Fat Cat.’

Yuck!
Billionaire Tom Golisano:
“If I hear a politician use the term ‘paying your fair share’ one more time, I’m going to vomit.” 
Right-wing loony
Home Depot Ken Langone reclaimed certain terms that have been used to oppress his people:
"I am a fat cat, I’m not ashamed. If you mean by fat cat that I’ve succeeded, yeah, then I’m a fat cat. I stand guilty of being a fat cat." 
Shop at Home Depot? Are you kidding me?
Another Home Depot co-founder, 82-year-old Bernard Marcus said, regarding possible targeting from Occupy Wall Street protestors, the only thing to do was approach the whole thing with Zenlike calm.
"Who gives a crap about some imbecile? Are you kidding me?”
There's more: white men with money, white men with money talking to reporters, the wail of the 1%

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.