Monday, February 7, 2011

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Cheney, Mubarak BFF
'I think President Mubarak needs to be treated as he deserved over the years, because he has been a good friend." -- Former V.P. Dick Cheney at event commemorating the Reagan centennial.
Re-segregating Wake County schools
"We used to be held up as a national model," resident Jamie Dunston said. "Now we're being held up … as objects of ridicule and disgust, and rightfully so." -- L.A. Times
Bachman finds meaning in life
"I take my first political breath every morning with one thought in mind," the Tea Party darling told her audience, the Missoulian reports. "Repeal Obamacare... That's my motivation in life."  -- Michele Bachman
Candidate for president of UTLA 
"Right now we're the big, greedy teachers.... We are not the villains in education; we are the saviors." -- Julie Washington
Good for peace?
I asked an old friend here in Cairo, a woman with Western tastes that include an occasional glass of whiskey, whether the Muslim Brotherhood might be bad for peace. She thought for a moment and said: “Yes, possibly. But, from my point of view, in America the Republican Party is bad for peace as well.”-- Nicholas Kristoff (h/t brother Fred)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.