Monday, February 13, 2012

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Rahm Emanuel 
"So, I have been and I continue to be very public about what I am doing and I am upfront about what I am doing and then I don't even control it." -- Interview with Tribune reporter, David Kidwell
Andrew Breitbart
"Behave yourself...behave yourself...behave yourself...stop raping people" -- To Occupiers at CPAC
Crane student, RaySean Walker
“I think about it all the time,” said RaySean Walker, a senior guard. “If we do something big, maybe it can send a message to the board to not close our school down.”  --Chicago News Cooperative, "If a High School Dies, Where Does the Glory Go?"
Diane Ravitch
Transferring control of public dollars to private hands is not reform. It is privatization. This strikes at the very heart of public education.  -- Montgomery Advertiser
Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates (COPAA) 
"It is not legally or morally acceptable that these so-called “schools of choice” that are concentrated in urban communities and supported with public funds, should be permitted to operate as segregated learning environments where students are more isolated by race, socioeconomic class, disability, and language than the public school district from which they were drawn." -- Schools Matter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.