Monday, February 27, 2012

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

“This is an amazing panel, so I’m thrilled to be part of it,” Mr. Duncan said in his opening comment.
Investigator Richard Hyde
“I’m shocked that the secretary of education would be fraternizing with someone who could potentially be the target of the investigation. The appearance of a conflict of interest is troubling because it can cause the public to lose faith in the investigation.” -- Amid a Federal Education Inquiry, an Unsettling Sight, Michael Winerip, NYT
J.C. Brizard
"Not once at the board meeting did I hear anyone talk about children,” Brizard said. “I kept hearing about adults. I kept hearing, ‘Don’t close my school. Don’t do anything.” Actually, some of the speakers said, video shows the speakers mentioned children over and over again and some students themselves spoke, arguing the closings would not help them. -- Sun-Times
Rick Santorum
"I understand why Obama wants every kid to go to college, because they are indoctrination mills.” Santorum had said earlier in the campaign that when he read John F. Kennedy’s 1960 speech in which Mr. Kennedy said the separation of church and state should be absolute, “I almost threw up.”-- New York Times

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.