Monday, June 22, 2020

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

"President Trump and several staff members stood backstage and gazed at the empty Bank of Oklahoma Center in horror." -- Maggie Haberman and Annie Karni, New York Times 

Poor Peoples Campaign
“The worst mistake we can make now, with all the marching, the protesting in the streets, would be to demand too little,” said the Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II, a co-chair of the campaign along with the Rev. Dr. Liz Theoharis. -- New York Times
David Massey, former SDNY prosecutor
“While there have always been turf battles between the Southern District and the Justice Department in Washington, and occasionally sharp elbows, to take someone out suddenly while they’re investigating the president’s lawyer, it is just unprecedented in modern times." -- New York Times
Laurentio Howard, father of Marshall High student
“Watching the Floyd video, I felt hurt, afraid, just thinking it could have been me because I was there at Marshall. To have to stand back, to not be able to help my daughter being brutalized by officers sworn to protect her, was one of the hardest things I’ve ever experienced,” said Howard, a sheet metal worker with the city of Chicago. -- Sun-Times
Trump's idea of a joke
 "When you do testing to that extent, you're going to find more people. You're going to find more cases. So I said to my people, slow the testing down please." -- Tulsa speech
Anne Caprara, Gov. Pritzker's Chief of Staff not laughing

But the "lowlifes" were all inside the arena. All 6,200.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.