Monday, November 12, 2018

WEEKEND QUOTABLES ON VETS DAY

 "I’m about to lose everything that I own and become homeless," Roundtree said. "I don’t want to be that veteran on the street begging for change because I haven’t received what I was promised." -- Shelley Roundtree, Afghan War vet
 When the guns fell silent in 1918, both victors and vanquished turned against the black and brown men who had fought in what the victory medals then being struck for each allied soldier called “The Great War for Civilisation”.  -- David Olusoga in The Guardian
"If Watergate is algebra, this is calculus. It's one thing to subpoena John Dean. It's another thing to subpoena a Russian oligarch." -- Rep Mike Quigley, Intelligence Committee member
 Sitting next to Emanuel was New Jersey’s former Gov. Chris Christie. “We agree, don’t we, Rahm?” Christie asked at one point. “Don’t tell my mother,” said Emanuel. --MRE on Stephanopoulos show
“I understand why charter schools exist,” said Alessandra Biaggi, who will represent part of the Bronx in the State Senate. “But we’ve got to focus on improving our public schools.” -- New York Times




1 comment:

  1. Mike

    It snowed this evening in New Jersey. There are people in the United States who are cold, hungry, homeless. People beg outside the community college where I adjunct in Paterson. Every week at a minimum someone commits a mass shooting. Mental health clinics are closed down at alarming rates. Sick people can't afford medical care and medicines. The military is hardly under-resourced, but a whole lot of other important human necessities are.

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.