Monday, September 18, 2017

WEEKEND QUOTABLES


Chuck Schumer gives advice to Trump on how to be a good opportunist
"He likes us. He likes me anyway..Here's what I told him. I said, 'Mr. President, you're much better off if you can sometimes step right and sometimes step left. If you have to step just in one direction, you're boxed.'" -- CNN 
Rep. Luis GutiƩrrez (D-Ill.) on Dem's deal with Trump
"I love Nancy Pelosi. I don’t have any doubt of her authenticity and commitment. But how do I now have to accept border security? Do I now have to put up half a fence? Is it going to have electricity and barbed wire on it?" -- Politico 
Robert Jay Lifton, psychohistorian
The American president has particular power. This makes Trump the most dangerous man in the world. He’s equally dangerous because of his finger on the nuclear trigger and because of his mind ensconced in solipsistic reality. The two are a dreadful combination. -- Bill Moyers & Co. 
Atty. G. Flint Taylor
About half (of the $125 million in taxpayer money used to defend torturer Jon Burge) has gone to the survivors. The other half has gone to...pin-stripe patronage'. That's all your downtown law firms that are hired to fight us in court, about twenty-five to thirty million that has gone into the pockets of those lawyers defending Jon Burge and Richie Daley. -- Hitting Left
Diane Ravitch
Betsy DeVos is the first secretary of education in our history who is actually hostile to public education. We've never had this before. -- NPE 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.