Monday, September 11, 2017

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Azalia Martinez

NEIU student Azalia Martinez 
I’m not scared anymore. I’m not accepting it. I’m ready to fight, because you know, contrary to popular opinion, this is my country. The only country I’ve ever known.” -- Sun-Times 
Jacques Charbonnier, a 63-year-old resident of St. Martin 
“All the food is gone now. People are fighting in the streets for what is left.” -- New York Times 
Miami-Dade Principal Bernie Osborn
 "We are a Title 1 [high poverty] school. My students don't have a lot as it is. I am worried that their resources will be drained. We have a great staff at JFK Middle, and whatever we have to do to assist our families, we are going to do it." -- EdWeek 
Columnist Charles Blow
You could stay in hell for a little while if you knew that you were going to get out. -- New York Times 
Kurt Andersen
Donald Trump is a grifter driven by resentment of the establishment. He doesn’t like experts, because they interfere with his right as an American to believe or pretend that fictions are facts, to feel the truth. -- The Atlantic
Sun-Times columnist Neil Steinberg
Let me assure you; Chicagoans are not all like Rahm Emanuel — in fact, it’s just him. -- Memo to Amazon's Founder 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.