Monday, January 16, 2017

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Congressman John Lewis’s bestselling graphic novel March: Book One was inspired by a 56-year-old comic, Martin Luther King and the Montgomery Story, that helped spawn the Civil Rights Movement. 
Rep. John Lewis
It doesn’t matter how Senator Sessions may smile, how friendly he may be, how he may speak to you... We need someone as attorney general who’s going to look out for all of us, and not just for some of us. -- Democracy Now
Jean-Marie Guehenno, CEO of International Crisis Group
"Regardless of how you view Trump and his positions, his election has led to a deep, deep sense of uncertainty and that will cast a long shadow over Davos." -- Business Insider
Singer Jennifer Holliday not going
“I was honestly just thinking that I wanted my voice to be a healing and unifying force for hope through music to help our deeply polarized country… Regretfully, I did not take into consideration that my performing for the concert would actually instead be taken as a political act against my own personal beliefs and be mistaken for support of Donald Trump and Mike Pence.” -- Raw Story
Dem consultant Robert Shrum: Hillary's going
“She will have a stiff upper lip.” -- Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.