Monday, December 24, 2018

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

From Boston Review
Trump on the telephone with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan
“You know what? It’s yours,” Trump said of Syria. “I’m leaving.” -- WaPo
Texas elementary school speech pathologist, Bahia Amawi
When asked if she considered signing the pledge to preserve her ability to work, Amawi told The Intercept: “Absolutely not. I couldn’t in good conscience do that. If I did, I would not only be betraying Palestinians suffering under an occupation that I believe is unjust and thus, become complicit in their repression, but I’d also be betraying my fellow Americans by enabling violations of our constitutional rights to free speech and to protest peacefully.” -- The Intercept
 N.C. Gov. Roy Carter
“Municipal charter schools set a dangerous precedent that could lead to taxpayer funded re-segregation,” his statement says. -- Charlotte Observer
The Intercept
 To call the First Step Act limited would be an understatement. The legislation would hardly make a dent in America’s mass incarceration problem. --  Commentary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.