Monday, May 10, 2021

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Day 5 of the march from Selma to Montgomery in March 1965. The struggle continues. 

Nina Perales, vice president of litigation with MALDEF
“This phrase ['purity of the ballot'] in a modern bill is racism’s calling card.” -- Washington Post.
Outgoing CPS CEO Janice Jackson
“Jackson is proud of her accomplishments and says to critics who say she could have done more: ‘If I could deal with hundreds of years of racism and a century of disinvestment in Black and Brown communities in Chicago in four years or seven years, then I’m Jesus Christ.’” -- Sun-Times 
Bill Gates on his meetings with Epstein
“Every meeting where I was with him were meetings with men. I was never at any parties or anything like that. He never donated any money to anything that I know about." -- Daily Beast
Gordon Brown, former British prime minister
“This is a manmade catastrophe. By our failure to extend vaccination more rapidly to every country, we are choosing who lives and who dies.” -- Guardian

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.