Monday, July 8, 2019

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

In some ways, Rapinoe will become synonymous with the fight for pay equality similar to how former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick used his public platform to protest racism. 

Megan Rapinoe quoting Nipsey Hussle
 "Ain't really trip on the credit, I just paid all of my dues. I just respected the game, now my name all in the news. Trippin' on all of my moves, quote me on this, got a lot more to prove." -- Complex
 Columnist Eugene Robinson
Which brings me to another reason those demanding a super-cautious, mealy-mouthed Democratic nominee should spend some time in silent reflection. I believe Trump’s improbable election was possible because the nation is undergoing a political realignment in which the traditional left-to-right spectrum is being shifted in ways not yet fully understood. -- Washington Post
CTU Pres. Jesse Sharkey
 “We need to hear what CPS has to say about staffing, about class size and about other critical issues. ... For every day that goes by where we haven’t gotten an offer that addresses the important issues in our schools, [a strike] becomes a more distinct and realistic possibility." -- Sun-Times
Mayor Lori Lightfoot

...repeated on Thursday that she wants what the Chicago Teachers Union wants when it comes to putting more librarians, counselors and support staff in schools, but she did not detail a specific contract offer.
“We are not going to have a contract that doesn’t include a lot of the things that we also believe in,” she said. “We believe in strengthening our classroom experience.”
However, Lightfoot noted the school district must “work within the framework and the resources we have.” --WBEZ
 Trump in '02 on Jeffrey Epstein
 “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side." -- USA Today

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.