Monday, October 16, 2017

WEEKEND QUOTABLES

Tom Balanoff
SEIU Local 1 President Tom Balanoff 
“Your recent singling-out of  [Hannah] Jubeh highlights a sexist mindset toward women that has no place in politics, the labor movement or anywhere else in society. It denotes a hostility toward women who refuse to ‘fall in line’ with their male counterparts. … We demand an apology for your unacceptable behavior.” -- Letter to AFL-CIO President Michael Carrigan
Rex Tillerson
"I checked. I’m fully intact." -- AP Wire 
Paul Vallas to Bruce Rauner
 “Concerning our potential partnership, I would welcome the opportunity to contract with you to assist with your school reform efforts in Chicago....“You once told me that if I ever decided to launch a domestic education business, you would be willing to invest. Based on my research and years in the education field, I firmly believe this is a can’t miss.” -- Sun-Times 
King County Executive Dow Constantine
 “Being a billionaire right-wing donor should not give you license to take a sledgehammer to the foundation of equal opportunity. No, it should not. But here she is. American prosperity, really American democracy, are built on the bedrock of universal education.” -- At DeVos protest 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.