Thursday, October 25, 2012

Today's Quotables

Diane Ravitch
 As usual, I did not pull punches. I don’t have time for that. The amazing thing is that even though everything I said contradicted the axioms of Chicago-style “reform,” I got a standing ovation from a warm and friendly crowd of civic leaders at the City Club. -- What happened when I spoke in Chicago
Letter to parents from Chicago principal asking for air-conditioning money 
“The weather is getting hotter and hotter every year and we need to make sure that our students have a classroom with a suitable temperature to learn,” the letter read in English and Spanish. “You can choose to pay in monthly installments for your convenience." -- Sun-Times
 Palin's racist "shuck and Jive" 
“I’ve been known to use the phrase most often when chastising my daughter Piper to stop procrastinating and do her homework." [Piper, stop shuckin' and jivin', STFU and do your gottdam homework--mk] ... “Just to be careful, from now on I’ll avoid using it with Piper, and I would appreciate it if the media refrained from using words and phrases like igloo, Eskimo Pie, and 'when hell freezes over,' as they might be considered offensive by my extended Alaska Native family.” -- Politico
McCarthy at budget hearings
Cops were "playing cowboy" 
 “ You’re talking about people who really liked being in those task forces who have no accountability, no connection with the community and could run around the city playing cowboy. That’s not good policing. That’s not what modern policing should look like.”  -- Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy 
Best Tweet
 Obama to Leno: 'Rape is rape' (by @JTSTheHill) http://bit.ly/QZwfbG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.