Monday, August 1, 2011

SOS Think/Do Tank

SOS Institure Workshop (R. Sanders pic)

One of the many good things that came out of the SOS conference was a committment from a significant group of attendees to move ahead with, what we're now calling, a Think/Do Tank. Diane Ravitch and I offered up an outline for an institute of some kind to emerge from this week's protest. The response was encouraging.

About 80 people attended a session I facilitated on Thursday and after a couple of hours of discussion, nearly all expressed an interest in taking part on some level. Some folks offered to blog, tweet or otherwise use their new-media skills to promote the ideas and positions voiced by Saturday's marchers. Others were interested in research, publishing, public speaking, cultural criticism, or being part of strategic discussions, nationally and/or regionally.

I will be notifying all those who took part, about upcoming meetings and follow-up discussions. For those who couldn't attend, feel free to let me know you are interested and we will keep you in the loop.

2 comments:

  1. Your (and Diane's) Think/Do Tank proposal is the best idea coming out of the SOS meeting. Let me know how I can contribute, write, raise money, etc... I otherwise worry about the future of SOS. We need to have some strong, visible leadership and right now, it's not there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coverage. Keep me in the loop on the institute.
    Norm - normsco@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.