Friday, September 5, 2008

Did Noonan say "it's over?" -- She meant, "Rover"

Report from my friend Sid at the RNC:

While Palin was speaking, the entire crowd was chanting, “DRILL BABY, DRILL!”

Scary. In fact, anytime you have thousands of white conservatives chanting anything in unison, it’s pretty scary.

“They went for this political bullshit…”

Sid says that his two friends, Peggy Noonan and consultant Mike Murphy, being caught off camera dumping on the Palin pick, should confirm what he’s been telling me about widening splits in the campaign and the fact that Alaskan separatist Palin was a last-minute, poorly-vetted desperation pick. “It’s over,” carped Noonan.

Conservative WSJ columnist Noonan sits on the board of the Manhattan Institute, as in Sol Stern and the racist Bell Curve theorists. She was one of the main attack dogs used against Hillary Clinton. She’s also Dick Cheney’s biggest fan and is buddies with Karl Rove (even sent him an email once, suggesting strategies for Bush butt-covering around the Pat Tillman killing).

Sid confirms that Rove hated the Palin pick and Noonan seconds that emotion even though in her WSJ column, the two-faced Noonan writes that Palin , "could become a transformative political presence."

Noonan off camera:

"The most qualified? No. I think they went for this — excuse me — political bullshit about narratives," she said. "Every time the Republicans do that, because that's not where they live and it's not what they're good at, they blow it."

She tries to recover here, stumbling and bumbling. Did I say "over?" I meant, "Rover." You see, I was calling my dog, Rover.


How resolute was my desk?

I think that each and every teacher should have a resolute desk, just like the President. It should be written into the union contract. In his speech to the RNC the other night, Bush said:

“I know what it takes to be president. In these past eight years, I’ve sat at the Resolute Desk and reviewed the daily intelligence briefings, the threat assessments, and the reports from our commanders on the front lines.

To which Politics, Baseball and Cant responds:

I say: go for the gusto. Live in the Resolute House and take orders from Unbending Dick. Send them down to the aides in the Unwavering Wing. Fly on Staunch One and go to bed with the Unyielding Missus. Renaming only your desk makes you seem like you’re weak on home decoration. What a wussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear from you.